Build your own Brain Machine to expand your brain’s technical skills, then lean back and enjoy the light show. They are a blast at parties, a fun way to practice meditation and trip out.
Please note: The additional picture above with Mitch Altman, the co-designer is of a previous version featured in MAKE magazine. The latest version does not include a serial port.
The Brain Machine Kit is an unassembled DIY kit – all the parts needed to make it are included:
- High quality Printed Circuit Board
- All electrical components, including pre-programmed microcontroller, wires, LEDs
- Over-ear headphones
- Dark-tinted safety glasses (fits children and adults)
- Color printed overlay for fashionability
- 2 x AAA batteries included – will last for hundreds of ‘trips’
The Kit does not include basic tools! You will need to provide the tools necessary for construction including a soldering iron, diagonal cutters, drill, hot glue (or other adhesive), scissors, etc. For the list of tools you’ll need, please check the project prep page The project is not very difficult and can be constructed in 2-3 hours at a leisurely pace by someone with no soldering experience. We have plenty of testing spots to help you along.
*Please note this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer.