Iowa small businesses with a commercial location or made in Iowa products can sell on Shop Iowa!
Shop Iowa is an initiative of Iowa Economic Development Authority with the support of the Iowa Small Business Development Center.
Approved Business Types for Shop Iowa:
- Retail brick and mortar small businesses* within a commercial zoning classification.
- Bars/restaurants, entertainment venues, and b2c service provider small businesses* within a commercial zoning classification.
- Made in Iowa product-based small businesses** with items that are made or transformed in Iowa by the applying business.
Requirements to sell on Shop Iowa:
- You must have physical products or gift cards that can be easily shipped.
- You are interested in receiving online orders through the Shop Iowa platform.
- You will be responsive to the Shop Iowa Team and customers on setting up your shop and fulfilling customer orders.
Benefits of selling on Shop Iowa:
- No cost! That’s right. Sell items online with no commission or monthly fees! Shop Iowa is an initiative of the IEDA, so you only pay standard processing rates on orders you receive (2.9% + $.30 per order), the same as most in-store processing.
- This platform attracts consumers from all across Iowa, and the U.S., helping them to purchase your products through our small business marketplace.
- Shopify & Square integrations for easy onboarding of products and syncing of inventory for businesses with a Shopify/Square store.
- Live online selling support from the Shop Iowa team to help you to setup your store, list your products, and manage your orders.
- Sales tax collected and remitted by Shop Iowa, no need to remit Shop Iowa sales to the state.
Have more questions?
Ready to get started?
*Small Business is defined as a business with fewer than twenty employees or an annual gross income of less than $4M computed as the average of the three preceding years.
**Made in Iowa products must be handmade or transformed in Iowa by the applying vendor. Quality standards apply. Business verification may be required.