Iowa small businesses with a commercial location or made in Iowa products can sell on Shop Iowa!
Approved Business Types for Shop Iowa:
- Retail brick and mortar small businesses* within a commercial zoning classification.
- Bars/restaurants, entertainment venues, and b2c service provider small businesses* within a commercial zoning classification.
- Made in Iowa product-based small businesses** with items that are made or transformed in Iowa by the applying business.
Requirements to sell on Shop Iowa:
- You must have physical products or gift cards that can be easily shipped.
- You are interested in receiving online orders through the Shop Iowa platform.
- You will be responsive to the Shop Iowa Team and customers on setting up your shop and fulfilling customer orders.
Benefits of selling on Shop Iowa:
- No cost! That’s right. Sell items online with no commission or monthly fees! The site is funded by IEDA, so you only pay standard processing rates on orders you receive (2.9% + $.30 per order), the same as most in-store processing.
- This platform attracts consumers from all across Iowa, and the U.S., helping them to purchase your products through our small business marketplace.
- Shopify integration for easy onboarding of products and syncing of inventory for businesses with a Shopify store.
- Live online selling support from the Shop Iowa team to help you to setup your store, list your products, and manage your orders.
- Sales tax collected and remitted by Shop Iowa, no need to remit Shop Iowa sales to the state.
Ready to get started?
*Small Business is defined as a business with fewer than twenty employees or an annual gross income of less than $4M computed as the average of the three preceding years.
**Made in Iowa products must be handmade or transformed in Iowa by the applying vendor. Quality standards apply. Business verification may be required.